At the recently held ApacheCon Europe 2007 in Amsterdam I had an opportunity to speak on "J2EE Application Development on Apache Geronimo Simplified using Eclipse". I have added the session material in our wiki (in case some one finds it useful):
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC11/J2EE+Application+Development+on+Apache+Geronimo+Simplified+using+Eclipse . Please feel free to move it to a more appropriate location.

Session material can also be downloaded from here:
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon-data/attachments/Eu2007OnlineSessionSlides/attachments/J2EE_App_Development_Geronimo_Eclipse.zip

A few observations I made as a User of Geronimo Eclipse Plug-in:
1) Downloading Geronimo Eclipse Plugin from within the IDE (by clicking on the "Don't see your server listed?" or by creating a new remote site in the update manager) is too slow.

It would save a lot of time if I can simply download a zip of Geronimo Eclipse Plug-in say from http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html (similar to the way I can download zips of most Eclipse Plug-ins from eclipse.org).

http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/ provides one such facility for downloading latest version of the plug-in, but not the earlier versions.

2) It's very tedious and erroneous to create Geronimo Deployment Plans by hand. It would have helped a lot if Geronimo Development Tools provided some good editors/wizards for auto creating & editing Geronimo Deployment Plans.

I started doing some work w.r.t 2) above, but later got confused with Annotations and the probable new ways of approaching Geronimo 2.0 Deployment Plans with Annotations.

If someone can clarify Community's plans towards Geronimo 2.0 Deployment Plans, I can do something about Eclipse editors/wizards for Geronimo Deployment Plans.

Thanks,
Shiva