Hi Giulio

I don't know if you are running G in a windows or unix system but in a unix system you can
try to add this information to a setenv.sh file in geronimo/bin. If you want to take a look at
what startup parameters are suported they are listed in geronimo.sh.

You can try add -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 to JAVA_OPTS in the seventv.sh file. Somting like this:
setenv.sh
#!/bin/sh

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
JAVA_OPTS="
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms128M -Xmx512M -server"

end setenv.sh

I think there are a similar solution for windows.
I hope this helps
/Peter