geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How important is simplifying Creation/Updation of Geronimo Deployment Plans?
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 12:05:33 GMT
Thanks for the comments Kanchana.

I did a quick search for "tools to validate XML against multiple schema" and
I found this interesting:
http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/guide/tools.html#validate

After including XMLBeans' bin directory under 'Path', I tried these:
1) Used 'dayTrader-plan.xml' available from WAS-CE v1.1.0.1 samples and ran
validate <AG-install-dir>\schema\geronimo-application-1.1.xsd e:\dayTrader-
plan.xml
and it said,
e:\dayTrader-plan.xml valid.

2) Introduced an error in "dayTrader-plan.xml" (removed <dep:artifactId>
element) and ran the above validate command. As expected it threw below
errors:

e:\dayTrader-plan.xml NOT valid.
e:\dayTrader-plan.xml:6:7: error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element '
artifactId@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1' instead of '
version@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1' here in element
moduleId@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1

Is this what you were looking for?