geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How important is simplifying Creation/Updation of Geronimo Deployment Plans?
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 15:46:30 GMT
You may get in trouble with these tools related to the followin
situations:

1. We have some abstract types and substitution groups for various
things such as gbeans.  I'm not sure how you can supply the complete
set of schemas needed to the tool so it can recognize all the
possible valid elements.  In geronimo, we have a really bad
workaround to this where we ignore validation errors (which show up
as NPEs or assertion errors) when the validator encounters a concrete
type/ substitution element it doesn't recognize.

2. We may be using the same bad workaround to allow you to include a
persistence.xml document in your plan and have treated as an
alternate gbean definition.  I might have fixed this to explicitly
allow this element in our plans in the appropriate places, I don't
recall.

Also, the geronimo deployer does a lot of xml fixup, namespace
substitution, etc to allow you to deploy with plans that are not
valid as written.  This is how we try to provide support for
deployment of older plan schemas.  You may want to consider using
some of that code in any validation or editor code.

thanks
david jencks