geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Different Exception during deploy this time
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 15:51:52 GMT
oops, too many things going on at once here....

This nasty and remarkably uninformative exception usually occurs
because some other exception occurred and was ignored earlier in your
app deployment.  IIRC I haven't found a way to get tomcat to tell you
what the problem is rather than blythely continuing on as if nothing
is wrong, and then presenting this misleading exception.  IIRC I have
always been forced to debug through the tomcat deployment code to
find out what is wrong.

It's possible my memory is bad that if you make sure logging is set
high enough and scour your geronimo log or command line console
tomcat actually does hint at the cause earlier.

thanks
david jencks