geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: JSP Charset problem.
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 21:22:59 GMT
Hi Giulio

If I understand you right  you have a working configuration when you are
starting and running the G server in a UTF-8 environment.
You can check the encoding settings used by Geronimo via the console
JVM section.
To make sure the browser knows what encoding to expect  you can add the
following to the beginning of the JSP files
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
and/or
charset=UTF-8" />

Encoding problem can be really tricky especially if the text sources
also are fetched from a database where double encoding can be a issue.
I hope this helps.
/Peter