geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Köhler <Kristian.Koeh...@gmx.de>
Subject Spring deployment for Geronimo
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 15:06:50 GMT
Hi

some advertisement;-)

I have written a simple deployer which is able to deploy "standalone"
spring based applications. These applications/contexts can then be
accessed via a Spring-FactoryBean from an other application running in
the same application server. It's also possible to deploy "headless"
spring based applications which doesn't need something else (timer
triggered apps for example).
With the spring deployment module you are able to deploy spring
applications like any other JavaEE packed application ;-).

A simple example can be found here:
http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net/spring.html

I have also prepackaged a Geronimo distribution containing this deployer
called 'GASwerk Spring'. This is a Geronimo 2.0 (head) based minimal
server distribution plus the spring deployment module.

This is only an "earlyDraft" but I think it shows how things might work.

Comments are welcome ;-)

Kristian

--
http://gaswerk.sf.net