geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimo plan help
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 03:41:10 GMT
Hi, I am not a plan expert at all but I'll try answer your questions...

What I find most useful besides reading the existing samples and
documentations, is to use the schema files (generally located at the
server_home\schema directory.)  For example, I am looking at my geronimo
2.0 server now, and the geronimo-module-{version}.xsd is the schema for
namespace "http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-{version}".  You
'll want to look at the geronimo-application-{version}.xsd for
geronimo-application.xml file.

Doug Lochart wrote:

> openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">
>  <dep:environment
> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
>    <dep:moduleId>
>      <dep:groupId>qdfrancepolicy.</dep:groupId>
>      <dep:artifactId>FrancePolicyServverEjb</dep:artifactId>
>      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
>      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>    </dep:moduleId>
>    <dep:dependencies>
>      <dep:dependency>
>        <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
>        <dep:artifactId>tomcat</dep:artifactId>
>        <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>      </dep:dependency>
>    </dep:dependencies>
>    <dep:hidden-classes/>
>    <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
>  </dep:environment>
>  <enterprise-beans>
>    <session>
>      <ejb-name>FrancePolicyServer</ejb-name>
>      <jndi-name>qdfrancepolicy.FrancePolicyHome</jndi-name>
>    </session>
>  </enterprise-beans>
> </openejb-jar>
>
> Is the dep:groupId supposed to match the sys:groupID on the app?  If not
> how is it used?  What does artifactid do?  Does it matter what I name
> it?  Does the name have to correspond to another field somewhere?

No, it needs to be dep:groupId here as you had "<dep:environment
 > xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">"
defined earlier.

An artifactid is the artifact/module's unique id inside of the
repository (typical location is server_home\repository).   You need to
come up with a unique id for your module.   This is actually a maven
concept.

> Then there is the dep:dependency.  I added geronimo/tomcat in because I
> was asked to do so (thanks again by the way).  I assume it is telling
> geronimo that I want to use tomcat as my web container but again I can't
> find any decent explanation as to what is going on.  The IoC design of
> this thing is real cool but unless I am just totally stupid ( I am green
> with EJB ) I cannot seem to find anything that pieces things together in
> any coherent fashion.
>
> Am I missing something?  Did all of you pop in and look at the plan docs
> and just suddenly realize how to do it in a day or something?

By specifying the dependencies, your app asks the server to make sure
all the dependency modules are avail when your app starts.

HTH, Lin