geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Web Application Migration to Geronimo
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 18:14:20 GMT
Doug Lochart wrote:

>> From the previous error I think that you have declared the ejb as an
>> ejb web service and geronimo is recognizing that and deploying the
>> stuff needed to hook it up as a web service, independent of the
>> generic web service servlet.  If you don't need the war for any other
>> reason I would try removing it, or at least removing the generic web
>> service servlet.  This shouldn't change any behavior but should
>> simplify what we need to look at.
>>
> I will do that next to at least try and narrow this thing down.
>> Also Vamsi's comments jogged my memory-- I think in early versions of
>> geronimo you had to add the axis and perhaps tomcat dependencies
>> yourself, although we eventually got the web service deployers to do
>> it for you.  You may be using one of these earlier versions.
>>
> It turns out that IBM WAS CE deploys with Geronimo 1-0 with M5 ibm
> patches)  So maybe that is why I have to add the dependencies for
> Tomcat and Axis.
Hi Doug,
I take this to mean your using CE 1.0?  Uugh... if that's the case, it's
past time for you to upgrade :-)

Find CE 1.1.0.1 (based on Apache Geronimo 1.1.1 or very nearly so) here:
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/websphere/download.php

See the CHANGES file in the root install directory for a list of patches
that went into CE 1.1.0.1.

Keep an eye out for CE 1.1.0.2, it should become available in a few weeks.

Bill