geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Doug Lochart <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Re: Web Application Migration to Geronimo
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 17:31:44 GMT

> From the previous error I think that you have declared the ejb as an
> ejb web service and geronimo is recognizing that and deploying the
> stuff needed to hook it up as a web service, independent of the
> generic web service servlet.  If you don't need the war for any other
> reason I would try removing it, or at least removing the generic web
> service servlet.  This shouldn't change any behavior but should
> simplify what we need to look at.

I will do that next to at least try and narrow this thing down.
> Also Vamsi's comments jogged my memory-- I think in early versions of
> geronimo you had to add the axis and perhaps tomcat dependencies
> yourself, although we eventually got the web service deployers to do
> it for you.  You may be using one of these earlier versions.

It turns out that IBM WAS CE deploys with Geronimo 1-0 with M5 ibm
patches)  So maybe that is why I have to add the dependencies for Tomcat
and Axis.

> The manifest classpath in the ejb jar looks ok to me.  Since you are
> getting a NCDFE rather than ClassNotFoundException it's likely that
> the class is available but we're trying to load it from a parent
> classloader.  Can you supply more of the stack trace?

No Problem!  Here is the Full trace from the server log.  I have log4j
set to trace logging as well.  The trace is at the end of this post.
> Are any of your classes also in any other classloaders geronimo might
> be using or are they only present in the ear?
Not to my knowledge.  I have a fresh install of WAS CE with an example
deployed and running.  The Generic Servlet class I am sure will fail as
it depends on a WAS 6.0 class that I will eventually import.  If this
could be the cause I will track it down and include it immediately.

Since this class/jar it depends on comes standard with WAS 6.0 I would
like to add it somewhere common and not specifically to the ear itself.
What would be the best way to do this in geronimo?

12:17:31,183 DEBUG [Configuration] Started configuration
france/FrancePolicyServerEar/1.0/car
12:17:32,803 DEBUG [Configuration] Stopping configuration
france/FrancePolicyServerEar/1.0/car
12:17:32,816 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed:
plan=/mnt/steve_d/Blaze65/deployfrancepolicy/./geronimo-application.xml,
module=/mnt/steve_d/Blaze65/deployfrancepolicy/FrancePolicyServer.ear
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to initialize
EJBContainer GBean: ejbNameFrancePolicyServer
        at
org.openejb.deployment.SessionBuilder.addEJBContainerGBean(SessionBuilder.java:315)
        at
org.openejb.deployment.SessionBuilder.buildBeans(SessionBuilder.java:192)
        at
org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.addGBeans(OpenEJBModuleBuilder.java:514)
        at
org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$11bd7b20.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$7afc2c82.addGBeans(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:562)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$86e934f4.buildConfiguration(<generated>)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:302)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:852)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:338)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$1cccefc9.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:852)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:168)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:231)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:238)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:833)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:802)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1423)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(RMIConnectionImpl.java:96)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1260)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:275)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1363)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:797)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor56.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:309)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:275)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:164)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:506)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.handleRequest(TCPTransport.java:838)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:912)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:799)
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com.blazesoft.server.deploy.ejb.session.NdStatelessEjbServerBean
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:148)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader.access$200(JarFileClassLoader.java:51)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader$6.run(JarFileClassLoader.java:275)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:275)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader.findClass(JarFileClassLoader.java:227)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:243)
        at
org.openejb.deployment.StatelessContainerBuilder.buildIt(StatelessContainerBuilder.java:97)
        at
org.openejb.deployment.AbstractContainerBuilder.createConfiguration(AbstractContainerBuilder.java:354)
        at
org.openejb.deployment.SessionBuilder.addEJBContainerGBean(SessionBuilder.java:313)
        ... 58 more
12:17:57,948 DEBUG [ManagerBase] Start expire sessions StandardManager
at 1179505077948 sessioncount 0
12:17:57,948 DEBUG [ManagerBase] End expire sessions StandardManager
processingTime 0 expired sessions: 0

> thanks
> david jencks
No ... Thank You !!