geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Doug Lochart <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Re: Web Application Migration to Geronimo
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 01:30:51 GMT
I have tried many more times but I am stuck.  Since I have a WAR I
included a geronimo-web.xml in the WEB-INF directory of the WAR as well.

Any help is appreciated.  I really do not know where to begin on this.
I wish I knew what geronimo was looking for with this exception.  I am
half tempted to bring the source down and go through the stack trace but
that may confuse me even more.

Here is my deployment plan.  I have used this same one both as a
parameter on the command line to deploy as well as placing the file in
the META-INF directory of the ear file.

geronimo-application.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application application-name="FrancePolicyServerEar"
              xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"
              xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
              xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>france</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>FrancePolicyServerEar</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:dependencies/>
    <sys:hidden-classes/>
    <sys:non-overridable-classes/>
  </sys:environment>
</application>

geronimo-web.xml (in WEB-INF of WAR)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
  <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>FrancePolicyServerEar</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.1</dep:version>
      <dep:type>war</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
    <dep:dependencies>
      <dep:dependency>
         <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
         <dep:artifactId>geronimo-webservices</dep:artifactId>
         <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
      </dep:dependency>
      <dep:dependency>
         <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
         <dep:artifactId>geronimo-axis</dep:artifactId>
         <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
      </dep:dependency>
    </dep:dependencies>
  </dep:environment>
  <context-root>/Rule</context-root>
</web-app>

I still keep getting this exception:

21:20:25,680 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed:
plan=/root/my-geronimo-application.xml,
module=/mnt/steve_d/Blaze65/deployfrancepolicy/FrancePolicyServer.ear
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve
reference "WebServiceContainer" in gbean
france/FrancePolicyServerEar/1.0/car?EJBModule=FrancePolicyServer_EJB.jar,J2EEApplication=france/FrancePolicyServerEar/1.0/car,StatelessSessionBean=FrancePolicyServer,j2eeType=WSLink,name=FrancePolicyServer

to a gbean matching the pattern [?name=TomcatWebContainer#]
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getConfigurationData(DeploymentContext.java:376)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:305)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:852)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:338)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$1cccefc9.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:852)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:168)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:231)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:238)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:833)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:802)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1423)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(RMIConnectionImpl.java:96)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1260)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:275)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1363)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:797)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor56.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:309)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:275)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:164)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:506)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.handleRequest(TCPTransport.java:838)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:912)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:799)

thanks a lot

Doug