geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Doug Lochart <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Web Application Migration to Geronimo
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 18:09:14 GMT
Actually it is to the WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
which runs Geronimo pre-wired  with Tomcat.

I have a web application deployed as an EAR  (Stateless Session EJB (in
ejb_jar) , Servlet(in .WAR) ) that combined is a WebService.  I did not
write the Application and I am real new to Web Services.  My task is to
deploy this web application to WAS CE (Geronimo).  I tried simply
deploying it as is but of course it failed giving me an error like this:

Error: Unable to distribute FrancePolicyServer.ear: Unable to
    resolve reference "WebServiceContainer" in gbean

default/Application_ID/1179336634177/car?EJBModule=FrancePolicyServer_EJB.jar,J2EEApplication=default/Application_ID/1179336634177/car,StatelessSessionBean=FrancePolicyServer,j2eeType=WSLink,name=FrancePolicyServer
    to a gbean matching the pattern [?name=TomcatWebContainer#]

First of all any idea what this error means?  I am sure it is a need for
a plan but I would like to understand what is happening.

I have read through several developerworks articles and numerous
examples on geronimo (looks like a kick a$$ product by the way, I like
the IoC design) and from what I gather I need to provide 1 or more extra
deployment descriptors/deployment plans specific for geronimo.  I was
hoping for a good example of these plans so that I could hack it up and
do some trial and error to learn but I still feel I lack the knowledge
to even start down the right path.  I don't know which ones I need and
how to construct them.

So what I am asking is based on my application I described what types of
geronimo specific xml files do I need?

According to the docs it looks like I need a geronimo-application.xml as
a deployment plan but I did not see a good example of that and I was
left feeling that I am missing something for the Web Service.  In the
META-INF directory of the ejb-jar file I see my webservices.xml and a
mapping.xml and also 2 ibm (was 6.0) specific binding files
ibm-webservices-ext.xmi and ibm-webservices-bnd.xmi which I have no clue
how they come into play.  I do know that the Servlet is merely a pass
through to the Session Bean.

thanks

Doug