geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Safe shutdown
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 16:21:02 GMT

On May 30, 2007, at 8:03 AM, Joel Spotts wrote:

> I should probably go into more detail the issue we are having:
>
> We are wrapping Geronimo in a windows service using JavaService
> (http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/javaservice/). It is similar
> to Java Service Wrapper. You can specify the java class path as a
> systme property when the application the service wraps startsup and
> shuts down. You also provide the start class as well as optionally
> the stop class. You can only provide one classpath -- to be used
> for the start class as well as the stop class. So we configure the
> start class as org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon and for the
> stop class: org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.StopServer. In order
> for that stop method to be on the classpath we configure the
> classpath as follows:
>
> bin/server.jar;bin/shutdown.jar. If we leave out shutdown.jar, the
> StopServer.jar is missing.
>
> So far so good, and that works out ok, but here is the rub: hot
> deployment will not work. We get the dreaded ClassNotFOundException:
Strange.

Could you try setting your classpath to:

bin/server.jar;../lib/geronimo-common-1.1.1.jar;../lib/geronimo-
deploy-tool-1.1.1.jar

Not sure if that will work, or not. If not, then there may still be
some sort of interference going on with geronimo-common or geronimo-
deploy-tool being loaded from within multiple classloaders.

--kevan