geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject RE: Safe shutdown
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 22:09:46 GMT
I would guess this probably depends on your application, but it doesnt
sound like a good idea.&nbsp; I would think that an EJB container would need to be able
to safely complete transactions and passivate/deallocate it's Beans particular CMP Entity
Beans.&nbsp; The Web container might also maintain Application scoped information that
needs a clean&nbsp;safe&nbsp;shutdown&nbsp;as well.</div>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid" webmail="1">--------
Original Message --------<BR>Subject: Safe shutdown<BR>From: Joel Spotts &lt;jspotts@us.ibm.com&gt;<BR>Date:
Tue, May 29, 2007 5:05 pm<BR>To: user@geronimo.apache.org<BR><BR>
Is there any danger in stopping geronimo by simply killing the
application as opposed to running the shutdown.jar or shutdown.bat? For various reasons (which
I can get into if the answer is that it is not safe) I cannot easily stop the server with
the shutdown tool.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Yoel Spotts </div></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>