geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject RE: web.xml and security constraint
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 16:24:49 GMT
A couple of background questions for this one, and I'll see if I can
help.

Have you configured a security realm and do you have a valid login
authentication working?  If not, you might refer to the wiki for
background on these.  We can also help you through that part.  Once
thats going, you'll have validated users and groups that are defined.
I use a JDBC security realm with a users and groups table that can be
modified via  JDBC to add/remove users and groups.

The <auth-constraint><role-name> for access will need defined in your
web.xml.  This matches up against the<security><role-mappings><role> in
the geronimo-web.xml.  The <principal name="??"> attribute matches up
against the roles in your security realm roles to identify users who
have that role.  You'll probably want to define a <default-principal>
in the geronimo-web.xml as well.

Send some more info and we'll see if we can get you there:)

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com