geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject EJB 2.1 CMR Bi-Directional with Compound Key
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 15:07:11 GMT
I could really use some help on this!&nbsp; I have a two Entity beans
with a bi-directional relationship, committees and committee_members.&nbsp; Committees
has a single field primary key of committeeId.&nbsp; Committee_members has a compound
primary key of CommitteeId+UserId.&nbsp; A Foreign Key constraint has been defined for
the committee_members table based on the committeeId.&nbsp; I can't seem to get this to
deploy and believe it's my openejb-jar.xml deployment descriptor in the &lt;relationship&gt;
section.&nbsp; I've looked at examples from JBoss and Sun, so I'm fairly certain my ejb-jar.xml
is correct.</div>
Does anyone have a working example of a bi-directional relatioship where
the many table has a compound key that I can take a look at?</div>
Where can I find documentation on how&nbsp;OpenEJB and TranQL interact
to create the O/R map?</div>
This knowledge are really seems to be lacking documentation in
Geronimo.&nbsp; I'd really like to draw some pretty pictures of tables and beans with
the seven different relationship types defined for EJB 2.1.&nbsp; This would be&nbsp;good
preliminary work for documenting EJB 3.0 examples.&nbsp; Please help me learn, so I can
contribute:)</div>