geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Login Module not found
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 14:56:04 GMT

On May 31, 2007, at 7:20 AM, MoleSon wrote:

> Hello out there!
>
> I have a problem with the login system of my enterprise
> application. I need
> to install an application, that is meant to run on a Websphere App
> Server
> 5.1 on a Websphere CE (-> Geronimo).
> Here is my problem:
> Deploying works fine, but I am not able to log in to my
> application. For the
> login process I use JAAS and the login modules developed by our
> company.
> When I try to log in following exception occurs:
> GeronimoSecurityException: Unable to instantiate login module
> caused by
> ClassNotFoundException: <MyLoginClassFile>
> I have set the environment variables:
> java.security.auth.login.config
> java.security.policy

Don't set these environment variables.  They won't help and might
break the geronimo login configuration mechanism.  At best they will
be confusing.  If you have specific needs for them, that might
require another discussion.

> And I have created a security realm, which is referenced by my
> web.xml file.
> I found a forum where somebody with a similar problem got suggested to
> deploy the authentification files seperatly to the server, but this
> is not
> possible, because they reference ejbs and classes from all over the
> project.
> I am working on this for days now and have really searched every
> forum I
> found about this topic.
> Would be really happy if somebody could help me.

If you could outline the structure of the project and indicate
exactly where you've specified the security realm that would be
helpful. Since you mention ejbs I assume that you are deploying an
ear. In geronimo, for an ear, there is one "ear" classloader that
includes all the ejb jar and rar classes, together with the stuff
pointed to by manifest class-paths, and then each web app gets
another, child, classloader.  So, if the security realm definition is
in the geronimo-application.xml or an openejb-jar.xml plan, all the
classes it needs need to be in ejb jars, rars, or jars in the
manifest classpath of these.  If the security realm definition is in
the geronimo-web.xml then it can use classes from that war and the
ejb jars and wars and manifest classpaths, but not other wars.

Hope this helps
david jencks