geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ptriller <ptril...@soapwars.de>
Subject Resource Refs in an ejb-jar inside an EAR on Geronimo 2-0-M5
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 19:09:11 GMT

Hi !

Ok, my Problem.

I try to have some EE5 MDBs inside an EAR for geronimo-2.0-M5.

I managed to add the resource-adapter to my EAR, and it seems to work.
Becaue I can inject
the resources from the Resource Adapter  into a Listener class in my Webapp
(also included in
my EAR) and if I voluntarily add some typos to the resource adapter or the
resource-ref or
resource-env-res in my geronimo-web, I get deployment errors.

So far so good.

Now I want to add an ejb-jar with an MDB. ok....

I write an EJB .. annotate it. and put it in a jar ... add it to the
application.xml .. all is well.

That works no problem with stateless session beans .. but now I have some
JNDI  and env
resources to map ..
so I add an openejb-jar.xml to the jar .

It seems they changed the xsd for this file substantially in the 2.0
release.. I had to
get the xsd from the geronimo server to know what I should do.

The new format seems to be very simplistic compared to the old ones....

my current openejb-jar.xml is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/openejb-jar/1.1">
	<ejb-deployment ejb-name="ScheduledTestEJB">
		<resource-link res-ref-name="jms/QueueConnectionFactory"
			res-id="ConnectionFactory" />
		<resource-link res-ref-name="jms/ScheduleManagerQueue"
			res-id="ScheduleManagerQueue" />
		<resource-link res-ref-name="jms/ScheduledTopic"
			res-id="ScheduledTopic" />
	</ejb-deployment>
</openejb-jar>

If I try to use the old format, I only get parse errors...

so ... My question is.

How do I map env-resources (in my case JMX Topics and Queues)  and normal
resources correctly with this new openejb format ?

Thanks

Peter