geronimo-user mailing list archives

From gregk <greg.kopczyn...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: SPECjAppServer2004 on Geronimo 1.1
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 19:15:45 GMT

> Greg, please try to verify the paths to openejb jars and parameter
> JNDI_CLASS in geronimo.env file.

Hi Nellya,

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I did make the edits specified in the
paper, including the "allowHosts" change. JNDI_CLASS also seems correct.

I did find that adding:

${J2EE_HOME}/repository/openejb/open-ejb-core/2.1/openejb-core-2.1.jar

to the CLASSPATH in geronimo.env does eliminate this error. But then I hit
another error that requires me to *also* add:

${J2EE_HOME}/repository/geronimo/geronimo-kernel/1.1/geronimo-kernel-1.1.jar

to the CLASSPATH ... which then leads to yet another "NoClassDefFoundError"
that will require again locating and specifying yet another jar file in the
CLASSPATH.

At this point I am suspecting/hoping that there is a more fundamental
modification required that will allow the driver to find all of these
supporting classes without my having to specify on the CLASSPATH line in
geronimo.env every one of the numerous jar files included in the Geronimo
package. I suspect there is a missing configuration step that is probably
obvious to developers, but perhaps not to relatively new users. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Greg