I cannot express how strongly I recommend that you use jpa rather than cmp for any project you have any control over, such as new development.

I believe the xdoclet stuff you refer to doesn't work at all with geronimo-openejb, I think it is for openejb 1 which is not integrated with geronimo.  In any case using ejb 3.0 with annotations is a much better solution.

thanks
david jencks