geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Galloway McLean" <m.galloway.mcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo and apache httpd
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 03:41:52 GMT
Hi.

I have in the past used apache httpd and tomcat with the mod_jk connector.
I now want to use Geronimo (Tomcat container) with Apache httpd as depicted
in the installation documentation  (
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/installation.html#Installation-ConfiguringwithApacheHTTPd
).

I have read the documentation on Configure Apache HTTPd as a reverse proxy
(mod_proxy)<http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/configure-apache-httpd-as-a-reverse-proxy-modproxy.html>.
I am interested in how to Configure Apache HTTPd with Jakarta Tomcat
Connector (mod_jk).<http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/configure-apache-httpd-with-jakarta-tomcat-connector-modjk.html>

I have apache httpd up and running. No problems here.  I have also made the
necessary changes to httpd.conf and installed the mod_jk.so module.
I have geronimo (with the tomcat container) up and running.

My question relates to the workers.properties file that needs to be
configured.  The section on configuring the workers.properties identifies
the three variables that you should focus on.

worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.port=8009

However, the workers.properties files has two entries that I am not sure how
to configure with Geronimo

workers.tomcat_home=/var/tomcat3
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)tomcat.jar

How exactly should these variables be configured?

Many thanks in advance for your advice and comments
Michael