geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject XML Validation error when using <local-home> element in ejb-jar.xml
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:20:21 GMT

Hi,

I am using Geronimo 1.2, and I'm in the midst of changing all my EJB
interfaces in my application to local interfaces from remote interfaces.
For reasons that I do not understand, I'm getting an XML validation error
on my ejb-jar.xml when trying to deploy my application.  According to the
this XSD, http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd,  I would think
that my ejb-jar.xml should validate properly.

Here is the error I get, along with a fragment of my ejb-jar.xml:

     [java]     Error: Unable to distribute acme.ear: Error parsing
ejb-jar.xml

     [java]             Invalid deployment descriptor: [error:
cvc-complex-type.2.4a:
     [java]     Expected element
'ejb-class@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee' instead
     [java]     of 'local-home@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee' here in
element
     [java]     session@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error:
     [java]     cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
     [java]     'ejb-class@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee' instead of
     [java]     'local@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee' here in element
     [java]     session@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee]

     [java]     Descriptor: <ejb-jar
     [java]     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
     [java]     http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd"
version="2.1"
     [java]     xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
     [java]     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

     [java]       <display-name>Acme Common</display-name>

     [java]       <enterprise-beans>

     [java]         <session>

     [java]           <display-name>TestObject</display-name>

     [java]           <ejb-name>TestObject</ejb-name>

     [java]           <local-home>com.acme.ejb.dao.DAOHome</local-home>

     [java]           <local>com.acme.ejb.dao.DAORemote</local>

     [java]           <ejb-class>com.acme.ejb.dao.DAOBean</ejb-class>

     [java]           <session-type>Stateless</session-type>

     [java]           <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *