geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Oli Kessler ...@ncode.ch>
Subject Re: GBean - NoClassDefFoundError javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:39:35 GMT
It might be a threading issue.

Our GBean spawns some more threads, each instrumented with a new
connection to the JMS. In this scenario, all threads fail with the
NCDFE.

However, if the GBean accesses the JMS on it's own (in the same
thread), everything works.
The broker implementation starts up, the logging is indicating
success (Journal open, channel at vm://localhost open, client gets
added)

The test code is the following:

logger.info("uuuhh - trying direct JMS access");
TopicConnection con = ((TopicConnectionFactory)
this.managedConnectionFactoryWrapper.$getResource
()).createTopicConnection();
con.setClientID("customGBean-main");
con.start();
javax.jms.TopicSession s = con.createTopicSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
javax.jms.Topic t = s.createTopic(this.jmsTopicName);
TopicPublisher pub = s.createPublisher(t);
logger.info("Publisher is " + pub);

If however I run this code in a separate thread spawned by the GBean,
the startup fails with the NCDFE.

Do I have to use thread pools or any other special means in this case?

Thanks in advance
-ok

PS: now on geronimo-1.2beta