geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Issue with deploying a service in correct path
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:08:35 GMT
Again I'm not entirely sure what your requirements are, but...

Geronimo needs the war file unpacked in some way in order to work
with your application.  There are basically 2 ways this can happen:

1. If you deploy a war normally, geronimo will unpack it into the
"car" directory it creates in the geronimo repository.  You can get
to the jsp files there and with the normal tomcat or jetty
configuration changes in the jsp files will get picked up by jasper.

2. If you start with an unpacked war (e.g. your app is laid out like
a war file, but in a directory myapp.war rather than an actual war
file, you can use the --inPlace deployment option and your app will
not be copied into the geronimo repository, and you can change the
jsps as you like.

There may be more "development" options if you are using eclipse and
the eclipse plugins but I'm not familiar with them.

  hope this helps
david jencks