geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo's vision
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:13:02 GMT
Hi Bruno,

By way of background the Apache Geronimo project existed long before
IBM took an interest in it (about two years I think).  Apache
Geronimo is a community of a large number of folks (and yes, a good
number of them work for IBM) which I think can be confusing.   I can
only speak for me (and I do work for IBM) but I tend to draw a
distinct line between my IBM job and contributing to Apache
Geronimo.  I think it would be most excellent when a swelling of
contributors comes and out numbers the current committer base.  I'm
excited to see people outside of IBM picking Geronimo up and using it
for their projects as well as contributing back to the project as Jay
has been doing.

On Apr 23, 2007, at 2:24 PM, Bruno Melloni wrote:

> When I first discovered Geronimo as an Apache project a couple of
> weeks
> ago, I did not even consider the possibility of it being "single
> product
> focused".  It was obvious to me that this was the next server I'd use
> for my personal work.  Then I saw a couple of minor troubling signs,
> like the large percentage and how a bug report was handled, and I
> started to worry about whether I'd done enough research.

I was concerned about your comment about "how a bug report was
handled" comment you mentioned above.  How was it handled that gave
you a bad feeling?