geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Spotts, Joel \(ISS Atlanta\)" <jspo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Comparison between Geronimo and Websphere Community Edition
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:22:24 GMT
Here are a couple of articles. The first is probably the best coverage I
have seen on the topic. The second seems a bit dated possibly

http://saviorodrigues.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/apache-geronimo-vs-was-ce
/

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V1.1.0/en/Tasks/Migrating/FromGeroni
mo.html

Yoel Spotts

  _____

From: Bruno Melloni [mailto:Bruno.Melloni@wnco.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 11:44 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Comparison between Geronimo and Websphere Community Edition

I am setting up a Eclipse 3.2.2 development environment for applications
that will be eventually deployed to Websphere 6 and 7.  I narrowed down
my choices for the J2EE server to Geronimo 1.1.1 and Websphere CE 1.0.

I found lots of information saying that Websphere CE is *based* on
Geronimo, but no details on what is different.

Can somebody please point me to a comparison between the two?