geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Common libs in EAR?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:05:01 GMT
On 4/2/07, Jochen Zink <jochenlist@web.de> wrote:
> I know it would be a very simple think. ... Sorry for postin, and thanks a lot!!

Don't be sorry for asking!  And you should make sure this works for
you.  The earlier releases of Geronimo did not all support MANIFEST
entries for WAR files, so it may depend on which release you're
working with.  Let us know if you can't get it to work and we'll talk
about the other options.

Thanks,
       Aaron

> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

a MANIFEST.MF file to the META-INF folder of each war file that has the following:

> > Manifest-Version: 1.0
> > Class-Path: something.jar
> >

> > On 4/2/07, Jochen Zink <jochenlist@web.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have, maybe a simple question, but I find no solution.
> >
> > I want to build an enterprise application.
> >
> > The application has two web-modules "first.war" and "second.war", and both uses
the same jar library "
> > something.jar".
> >
> > I don't want to put the "something.jar" to both war archives. Is there a special
way to have a common lib directory inside an ear?

> > I know, this is something for the ear archive specification, but I did not found
something similar. And for geronimo, I can define a dependency in geronimo-web.xml. But only(!?)
for libs, which are deployed in the global geronimo repository. Is it possible to define a
dependency to a lib inside the ear?