geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Library conflict
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:35:23 GMT

On Apr 4, 2007, at 11:23 AM, jgunz wrote:

> Is there any other way other than <hidden-classes> to create a new
> classloader (say a URLClassLoader) within my GBean and only specify
> the Jars
> within my War file and then use that from there on out?
>
> I can create the URLClassLoader fine but I don't know how (and
> don't think
> there is a way) to replace the current/default classloader that's
> running
> with my new one. I don't want to stomp on the system wide
> classloader I just
> want to isolate my GBean so that it runs independent of the container.

The only think that comes to my mind is to take the needed jars out
of your war, install them in the geronimo repo, and put your gbean in
a module (car file) that depends on those jars and only those jars
(you'll also need the j2ee-system module for the gbean classes)  Then
you can have your geronimo-web.xml depend on this new module with
your gbean in it.  This will put the jars from the war lib dir in a
parent classloader of the webapp classloader.

hope this helps

david jencks