geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Bloomfield Ramagem" <daniel.rama...@gmail.com>
Subject Making Classes Available to Tomcat (Geronimo 1.1.1) on Startup
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:53:01 GMT
I'm trying to install a set of global Servlet Filters in Tomcat.  I've
modified the global Tomcat var/catalina/conf/web.xml configuration and added
the references to my filters.  But I don't know where to place the class
files to make them available to Tomcat during Geronimo startup.

Putting them in the var/shared/lib (or var/shared/classes) didn't work (I
get a ClassNotFoundException).  I think this means that the Tomcat container
doesn't include a dependency to the SharedLib GBean or maybe this dependency
isn't fully realized on startup?

I have looked through the attributes of the TomcatWebConnector and some of
the other GBeans that are installed by default with Geronimo to see if there
was something I could tweak to set an extra bootstrap classpath location,
but I haven't found anything.

I could modify the geronimo.bat file to add my classes to the Java classpath
during the Geronimo startup, but I'm hoping to find a solution more
integrated with Geronimo.  I'm also trying to avoid having to re-build
Geronimo from source if possible.

Any ideas?

Daniel.