geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Zink <>
Subject Usign Databasepool inside of an EAR Application
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:05:15 GMT
Hello at all,

I have (maybe a simple) problem.

I want to deploy an EAR Archive to geronimo 1.1.1. Inside this ear is only one module and
one global JAR Archive.

The WebApplication uses the DatabaseAccess.jar to connect to a ServiceWide ConnectionPool.
This works, if I deploy the WebApplication.war as a standalone WAR. In this case, the DatabaseAccess.jar
is placed inside the WebApplication.war.

But if I excluded the jar and pack everything together in a EAR archive, it dosen't work.

The Message is: "Unable to resolve resource reference 'documentDataSource' (Could not find
resource 'MySQLComServerPool'. Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your application
does not have a dependency declared for that resource module?) "

I don't find a solution for this problem. In which deployment files, I have to declare the
dependency to the ConnectionPool?

The web.xml and geronimo-web.xml contains the correct declarations. This works standalone!

I try to add the dependency to geronimo-application.xml (you can see it, on the end of my
mail), but it does not work.

So, I don't no where the miss configuration is.

Thanks for help!

    .. namespaceStuff...>

kostenguenstig. Jetzt gleich testen!

View raw message