geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Zink <jochenl...@web.de>
Subject Usign Databasepool inside of an EAR Application
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:05:15 GMT
Hello at all,

I have (maybe a simple) problem.

I want to deploy an EAR Archive to geronimo 1.1.1. Inside this ear is only one module and
one global JAR Archive.

ear:
 |--WebApplication.war
         |--META-INF
               |--MANIFEST.MF
         |--WEB-INF
                |--web.xml
                |--geronimo-web.xml
|--lib
    |--DatabaseAccess.jar
|--application.xml
|--geronimo-application.xml

The WebApplication uses the DatabaseAccess.jar to connect to a ServiceWide ConnectionPool.
This works, if I deploy the WebApplication.war as a standalone WAR. In this case, the DatabaseAccess.jar
is placed inside the WebApplication.war.

But if I excluded the jar and pack everything together in a EAR archive, it dosen't work.

The Message is: "Unable to resolve resource reference 'documentDataSource' (Could not find
resource 'MySQLComServerPool'. Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your application
does not have a dependency declared for that resource module?) "

I don't find a solution for this problem. In which deployment files, I have to declare the
dependency to the ConnectionPool?

The web.xml and geronimo-web.xml contains the correct declarations. This works standalone!

I try to add the dependency to geronimo-application.xml (you can see it, on the end of my
mail), but it does not work.

So, I don't no where the miss configuration is.

Thanks for help!

geronimo-application.xml

<application
    .. namespaceStuff...>

    <sys:environment>
        <sys:moduleId>
            <sys:groupId>edocbox</sys:groupId>
            <sys:artifactId>comserver</sys:artifactId>
            <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
        </sys:moduleId>

        <sys:dependencies>
            <sys:dependency>
                <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
                <sys:artifactId>MySQLComServerPool</sys:artifactId>
            </sys:dependency>
        </sys:dependencies>
    </sys:environment>

    <resource-ref>
         <ref-name>documentDataSource</ref-name>
        <pattern>
            <groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
            <artifactId>MySQLComServerPool</artifactId>
            <name>MySQLComServerPool</name>
        </pattern>
    </resource-ref>

    <module>