geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can not access ejb in different ear
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:41:52 GMT
Hi

You need to give a dependency in the second ear to the first ear. Also
you need to use ejb-link.The ejb-ref-name element is for specifying
the jndi name under which we can find the reference. The link below
refers to a previous response to the same Question
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200608.mbox/%3C6949EC79-4431-4DAD-92D1-D3AA1651A627@yahoo.com%3E

Regards
Manu

On 4/24/07, mahu2425 <mahu2425@lycos.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I created an entity bean in an ejb project, packaged everything in an ear file and deployed
it to my Geronimo 1.1.1 server.

> The entity bean works fine as long as all calls to the bean are from inside the same
ejb project (let's call it ejb1.jar packaged in ear1.ear).

> I tried to call the bean from another ejb project (ejb2.jar packaged in ear2.ear), but
I can not manage to call the bean from the other ear file.

> My ejb-jar.xml file in ejb2.jar contains the following part:
>
> <session>
>   <display-name>MyDemo</display-name>
>   <ejb-name>MyDemo</ejb-name>
>   <home>com.demo.MyDemoHome</home>
>   <remote>com.demo.MyDemo</remote>
>   <service-endpoint>com.demo.MyDemoSEI</service-endpoint>
>   <ejb-class>com.demo.MyDemoBean</ejb-class>
>   <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
>   <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
>   <ejb-ref>
>     <ejb-ref-name>ejb/MyFirstDemo</ejb-ref-name>  <!-- This this matches
jndi-name in the other ejb/ear file -->
>     <ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
>     <home>com.firstdemo.MyFirstDemoHome</home>
>     <remote>com.firstdemo.MyFirstDemo</remote>
>   </ejb-ref>
> </session>
>

> Geronimo 1.1.1 is not able to find the required bean and throws an error during deployment.
>
> The ear2.ear file contains the following stuff:
> - ejb2.jar file
> - client stubs from the ejb1.jar
>

> Has anybody an idea what might be missing im my deployment plan or could help me out
with a working deployment plan?