geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lasantha Ranaweera <lasan...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Usign Databasepool inside of an EAR Application
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:19:16 GMT
Hi Jochen,

Can u add the DatabaseAccess.jar in to the
ear/WebApplication.war/WEB-INF/lib folder and see?

Thanks,
Lasantha

Jochen Zink wrote:
> Hello at all,
>
> I have (maybe a simple) problem.
>
> I want to deploy an EAR Archive to geronimo 1.1.1. Inside this ear is only one module
and one global JAR Archive.

> ear:
>  |--WebApplication.war
>          |--META-INF
>                |--MANIFEST.MF
>          |--WEB-INF
>                 |--web.xml
>                 |--geronimo-web.xml
> |--lib
>     |--DatabaseAccess.jar
> |--application.xml
> |--geronimo-application.xml
>

> The WebApplication uses the DatabaseAccess.jar to connect to a ServiceWide ConnectionPool.
This works, if I deploy the WebApplication.war as a standalone WAR. In this case, the DatabaseAccess.jar
is placed inside the WebApplication.war.

> But if I excluded the jar and pack everything together in a EAR archive, it dosen't work.

> The Message is: "Unable to resolve resource reference 'documentDataSource' (Could not
find resource 'MySQLComServerPool'. Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your application
does not have a dependency declared for that resource module?) "

> I don't find a solution for this problem. In which deployment files, I have to declare
the dependency to the ConnectionPool?

> The web.xml and geronimo-web.xml contains the correct declarations. This works standalone!
>
> I try to add the dependency to geronimo-application.xml (you can see it, on the end of
my mail), but it does not work.