geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject Re: Global Spring ApplicationContext
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:49:38 GMT
I'm trying to get the full Geronimo 2 working just for my own
edification and am still running into some problems.  I tried just
disabling the cxf stuff, but it seemed to keep getting reenabled.  I
uninstalled it and got past that problem.  Now I'm running into a
problem with the xbean library.  I'm getting the following:

org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to
initialize group definition. Group resource name
[classpath:/shared-context.xml], factory key [shared-context]; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'shared-context' defined in class path
resource [shared-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested
exception is org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException:
Value is not an instance of String
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'shared-context' defined in class path
resource [shared-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested
exception is org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException:
Value is not an instance of String
Caused by:
org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException: Value is not
an instance of String
        at
org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.AbstractConverter.setValue(AbstractConverter.java:67)
        at
org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.doConvertValue(TypeConverterDelegate.java:269)
        at
org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:192)
        at
org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:107)
        at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:356)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:422)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:140)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:773)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:716)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:386)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:144)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:279)

I tried adding using the following plan to deploy the EAR file, but it
didn't seem to change anything.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application
  xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"
  xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
  xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
  application-name="ExampleApp">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>com.contentconnections.guts</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>example-app</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:hidden-classes>
      <sys:filter>org.springframework</sys:filter>
      <sys:filter>org.hibernate</sys:filter>
      <sys:filter>org.apache.cxf</sys:filter>
      <sys:filter>org.apache.xbean</sys:filter>
    </sys:hidden-classes>
  </sys:environment>

</application>

Any hints, or should I maybe stick with Little-G for now?

Thanks,
Rich

(http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=14200&highlight=locatorFactorySelector

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200701.mbox/%3C21c9d60d0701300301s6ece788bm2431eb6278956b0f@mail.gmail.com%3E.

(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200612.mbox/%3cA99F00E9A39CF5428039DE37B2069B2107D280E5@atlmaiexcp02.iss.net%3e),

>> this leads to everything being loaded in separate classloaders
>> per webapp.
>>
>> So, this lead me to the discovery of the JEE5 support for the
>> /lib directory inside an EAR that will load all the jars into a
>> parent classpath that all modules can use.  I downloaded
>> geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0-M3, started it up, and deployed my EAR
>> with the spring and all my application code in the root lib
>> directory.
>>
>> Spring failed to load.  Here's the stack trace.
>>
>> 09:04:55,548 WARN  [JettyModuleBuilder] Web application
>> example-webapp-0.1-SNAPSHOT.war does not contain a
>> WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not be
>> a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
>> references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the
>> deployer a separate deployment plan file on the command line.
>> 09:04:55,615 WARN  [JettyModuleBuilder] Web application
>> example-webapp2.war does not contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml
>> deployment plan.  This may or may not be a problem, depending on
>> whether you have things like resource references that need to be
>> resolved. You can also give the deployer a separate deployment
>> plan file on the command line. 2007-04-11
>> 09:04:56.535:/example:INFO:  Initializing Spring root
>> WebApplicationContext 09:04:56,535 INFO  [ContextLoader] Root
>> WebApplicationContext: initialization started 09:04:56,592 INFO
>> [ClassPathXmlApplicationContext] Refreshing
>> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@6be45d:
>>

>> display name

[org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@6be45d];

>> startup date [Wed Apr 11 09:04:56 MST 2007]; root of context
>> hierarchy 09:04:56,725 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading
>> XML bean definitions from class path resource
>> [shared-context.xml] 09:04:58,850 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context
>> initialization failed
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException:
>> Unable to initialize group definition. Group resource name
>> [classpath:/shared-context.xml], factory key [shared-context];
>> nested exception is
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
>> Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path
>> resource [shared-context.xml]; nested exception is
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class
>> [org.apache.cxf.transport.http.spring.NamespaceHandler] does not
>> implement the NamespaceHandler interface Caused by:
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
>> Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path
>> resource [shared-context.xml]; nested exception is
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class
>> [org.apache.cxf.transport.http.spring.NamespaceHandler] does not
>> implement the NamespaceHandler interface Caused by:
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class
>> [org.apache.cxf.transport.http.spring.NamespaceHandler] does not
>> implement the NamespaceHandler interface at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.initHandlerMappings(DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:119)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.<init>(DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:96)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.<init>(DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:82)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.createDefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:489)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.createReaderContext(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:478)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:458)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:353)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:280)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:131)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:147)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:173)

>> at

org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:112)

>> at

org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:79)

>> at

org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:100)

>> at

org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:313)

>> at

org.springframework.context.access.ContextSingletonBeanFactoryLocator.initializeDefinition(ContextSingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:137)

>> at

org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:381)

>> at

org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.loadParentContext(ContextLoader.java:311)

>> at

org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:180)

>> at

org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)

>> at

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:511)

>> at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:135)
>> at

org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1191)

>> at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:481)
>>

>> at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:434)
>>  at
>> org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
>>

>> at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.JettyWebAppContext$StartCommand.lifecycleMethod(JettyWebAppContext.java:355)

>> at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.handler.AbstractImmutableHandler.lifecycleCommand(AbstractImmutableHandler.java:52)

>> at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.handler.ThreadClassloaderHandler.lifecycleCommand(ThreadClassloaderHandler.java:57)

>> at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.handler.AbstractImmutableHandler.lifecycleCommand(AbstractImmutableHandler.java:50)

>> at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.handler.ComponentContextHandler.lifecycleCommand(ComponentContextHandler.java:57)

>> at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.handler.AbstractImmutableHandler.lifecycleCommand(AbstractImmutableHandler.java:50)

>> at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.handler.InstanceContextHandler.lifecycleCommand(InstanceContextHandler.java:81)

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/transports/http/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/http/spring/NamespaceHandler.java?revision=501982&view=markup.