geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Zink <jochenl...@web.de>
Subject Re: Common libs in EAR?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:49:31 GMT
I know it would be a very simple think. ... Sorry for postin, and thanks a lot!!

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Add something .jar to the root of your ear file as you have indicated and then just add a
MANIFEST.MF file to the META-INF folder of each war file that has the following:

> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Class-Path: something.jar
>

> On 4/2/07, Jochen Zink <jochenlist@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have, maybe a simple question, but I find no solution.
>
> I want to build an enterprise application.
>
> The application has two web-modules "first.war" and "second.war", and both uses the same
jar library "
> something.jar".
>
> I don't want to put the "something.jar" to both war archives. Is there a special way
to have a common lib directory inside an ear?

> I know, this is something for the ear archive specification, but I did not found something
similar. And for geronimo, I can define a dependency in geronimo-web.xml. But only(!?) for
libs, which are deployed in the global geronimo repository. Is it possible to define a dependency
to a lib inside the ear?