geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Zink <jochenl...@web.de>
Subject Common libs in EAR?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:56:08 GMT
Hello,

I have, maybe a simple question, but I find no solution.

I want to build an enterprise application.

The application has two web-modules "first.war" and "second.war", and both uses the same jar
library "something.jar".

I don't want to put the "something.jar" to both war archives. Is there a special way to have
a common lib directory inside an ear?

I know, this is something for the ear archive specification, but I did not found something
similar. And for geronimo, I can define a dependency in geronimo-web.xml. But only(!?) for
libs, which are deployed in the global geronimo repository. Is it possible to define a dependency
to a lib inside the ear?

Example:

My ear structure:

- modules
   |---- first.war
   |----second.war
- libs
   |---- something.jar

This is my "dream" first.war and second.war can use the same something.jar

At the moment, it runs like this.

- modules
    |---first.war
          |----WEB-INF/libs/something.jar