geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryException while redeploying WAR
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:02:22 GMT

On Apr 26, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Jochen Zink wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thanks for the answers (a lot of :) ). Yes it is en PermSpace Error
> and if it is a problem with the JavaVM... I have to life with that.
> It is only for developing an application. In production mode, there
> is no need for a redeploy.

There is/was a bug in the Sun 1.5 JRE which could account for your
problem (forgot to mention). The bug has been fixed in later
releases. I don't know precisely which version fixed the problem. I
do know:

the problem is fixed in  1.5.0_10-b03
the problem is not fixed in 1.5.0_07-87 (which means Mac OS X users
are out-of-luck...)

--kevan