geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject RE: What jars need to be included to make the EJB related annotations work?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:56:29 GMT
I believe you'll need to upgrade MyEclipse to 5.5 for annotations support and JPA.&nbsp;
A version was recently released within the last week or so.&nbsp; I'm waiting a little
longer myself before going to MyEclipse 5.5 and Geronimo 1.2.&nbsp; I guess I'm getting
a little to old for bleeding edge:)<BR>

<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid" webmail="1">--------
Original Message --------<BR>Subject: Re: What jars need to be included to make the
EJB related<BR>annotations work?<BR>From: "Jim Barrows" &lt;jim.barrows@gmail.com&gt;<BR>Date:
Mon, April 23, 2007 8:24 am<BR>To: user@geronimo.apache.org<BR><BR><PRE>On
4/23/07, Mark Aufdencamp &lt;<A onclick="Popup.composeWindow('pcompose.php?sendto=mark%40aufdencamp.com');
return false;" href="http://email.secureserver.net/pcompose.php?aEmlPart=0&amp;type=reply&amp;folder=INBOX.Geronimo&amp;uid=975#Compose">mark<B></B>@aufdencamp.com</A>&gt;
wrote:

&gt; Hi James,

&gt;

&gt;  I've been using the same environment for the last few months.  If

you have

&gt; any questions regarding MyEclipse and Geronimo, feel free to send

them my

&gt; way:)

&gt;

&gt;  As your using 5.1.1, I'll presume your using EJB 2.1 with XDoclet

&gt; annotations.  If you haven't gone through the two EJB tutorials on the

&gt; MyEclipse site, I'd suggest checking them out.  laliluna also has a

free

&gt; tutorial on defining relationships.  Thier one-to-many uni tutorial

is free.

&gt;  They also have a tutorial for more complex relationships, but I

have not

&gt; purchased it yet.

I want to use Annotations, and not XDoclet.  Nothing against XDoclet.

&gt;

&gt;  You shouldn't require any jar's for XDoclet generation of EJB's.

If you've

&gt; created a MyEclipse EJB project and added the EJB XDoclet support to

it via

&gt; the project properties, the ejb-jar.xml should be auto-generating

for you

&gt; when you run the MyEclipse XDoclet menu option on the project.

You'll need

&gt; to handcraft your openejb-jar.xml deployment descriptor.

&gt;

&gt; Hope that helps getting you in the right direction.

&gt;

&gt; Mark Aufdencamp

&gt; <A onclick="Popup.composeWindow('pcompose.php?sendto=Mark%40Aufdencamp.com');
return false;" href="http://email.secureserver.net/pcompose.php?aEmlPart=0&amp;type=reply&amp;folder=INBOX.Geronimo&amp;uid=975#Compose">Mark<B></B>@Aufdencamp.com</A>

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; -------- Original Message --------

&gt; Subject: What jars need to be included to make the EJB related

&gt; annotations work?

&gt; From: "Jim Barrows" &lt;<A onclick="Popup.composeWindow('pcompose.php?sendto=jim.barrows%40gmail.com');
return false;" href="http://email.secureserver.net/pcompose.php?aEmlPart=0&amp;type=reply&amp;folder=INBOX.Geronimo&amp;uid=975#Compose">jim.barrows<B></B>@gmail.com</A>&gt;

&gt; Date: Mon, April 23, 2007 6:13 am

&gt; To: user &lt;<A onclick="Popup.composeWindow('pcompose.php?sendto=user%40geronimo.apache.org');
return false;" href="http://email.secureserver.net/pcompose.php?aEmlPart=0&amp;type=reply&amp;folder=INBOX.Geronimo&amp;uid=975#Compose">user<B></B>@geronimo.apache.org</A>&gt;

&gt;

&gt; I'm using Eclipse 3.2.2, with the MyEclipse 5.1.1 plugins installed.

&gt;

&gt; However, when creating an EJB, the annotations do not work. After

&gt;

&gt; looking around, I realized that I needed the righ Jar file(s), but

&gt;

&gt; could not figure out with jars in Geronimo would do that for me.

&gt;

&gt; Could anyone point them out to me?

&gt;

&gt;