geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject XDoclet Support for OpenEJB - Generating the openejb-jar.xml with MyEclipse
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:08:46 GMT

I've been quietly lurking on the list for the last eight weeks working
on the opposite ends of a web application.&nbsp; I've scaled the AJAX-JavaScript-Struts
integration mountain and I've just completed deploying my first Entity Bean's using CMP.&nbsp;
You'll may recall that I previously conquered web container realm authentication and application
security integration, as well as Session EJB's.&nbsp; Throw in some HTML and CSS learning
for good measure and in a manner of four months I've completely re-tooled myself for&nbsp;serious
application&nbsp;development.&nbsp; It's a lot to digest end to end, but it is possible
to learn and do.</div>

I selected the MyEclipse plugin as a necessity to travel this kind of
development spectrum.&nbsp; Using Eclipse was without question, and I needed the breadth
of tools bundled by MyEclipse.&nbsp; It didn't hurt that it had an attractive price for
the features.&nbsp; These were the same reasons that I selected Geronimo as an Application
Server Platform.</div>

The largest problems I've had in this journey have been integration
between the development environment, Eclipse, and the Application Server, Geronimo.&nbsp;
I now completely understand the term "Death by Configuration". &nbsp;I've also lacked
a decent end to end tutorial for this integration.&nbsp; I've humped through the MyEclipse
examples using JBoss or Weblogic and successfully transposed them into Geronimo utilizing
the wiki examples and a little help from the list.</div>

At last,&nbsp;I see the nirvana of configuration management available
via XDoclet!</div>

I've tried adding the openejb subtask to the&nbsp;Standard EJB task and I generate a blank
openejb-jar.xml file.&nbsp; I'd really like to manage my CMP field mappings in ths manner
if possible.</div>

Is anyone using&nbsp;XDoclet support to generate the openejb-jar.xml,
or&nbsp;geronimo-application.xml, or&nbsp;geronimo-web.xml?&nbsp; If so, where
do I find documentation/tutorial on its usage?</div>

, and I will be studying it further.&nbsp; I would however prefer to
find some sage advice in my journey:)</div>