geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "mahu2425" <mahu2...@lycos.de>
Subject Can not access ejb in different ear
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:26:20 GMT
Hi there,

I created an entity bean in an ejb project, packaged everything in an ear file and deployed
it to my Geronimo 1.1.1 server.

The entity bean works fine as long as all calls to the bean are from inside the same ejb project
(let's call it ejb1.jar packaged in ear1.ear).

I tried to call the bean from another ejb project (ejb2.jar packaged in ear2.ear), but I can
not manage to call the bean from the other ear file.

My ejb-jar.xml file in ejb2.jar contains the following part:

<session>
  <display-name>MyDemo</display-name>
  <ejb-name>MyDemo</ejb-name>
  <home>com.demo.MyDemoHome</home>
  <remote>com.demo.MyDemo</remote>
  <service-endpoint>com.demo.MyDemoSEI</service-endpoint>
  <ejb-class>com.demo.MyDemoBean</ejb-class>
  <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
  <ejb-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/MyFirstDemo</ejb-ref-name>  <!-- This this matches jndi-name
in the other ejb/ear file -->
    <ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
    <home>com.firstdemo.MyFirstDemoHome</home>
    <remote>com.firstdemo.MyFirstDemo</remote>
  </ejb-ref>
</session>

Geronimo 1.1.1 is not able to find the required bean and throws an error during deployment.

The ear2.ear file contains the following stuff:
- ejb2.jar file
- client stubs from the ejb1.jar

Has anybody an idea what might be missing im my deployment plan or could help me out with
a working deployment plan?

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Benachrichtigung bei E-Mail Empfang! - http://mail.lycos.de/app/lycosinside/setupLI.exe