geronimo-user mailing list archives

From weberjn <webe...@yahoo.com>
Subject JZOS JNI callback into Geronimo - how?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:39:15 GMT

Hi,

we'd like to run Geronimo under z/OS. To include the server into systems
management, we'd like to use the JZOS Toolkit
(http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/zosjavabatchtk)

Basically, the toolkit is a JNI library which calls back into Java when
there is a message from systems management.

Operator stops -> z/OS -> JZOS -> JNI callback -> Java callback handler ->
JMX to Geronimo -> stop Web app

What would be the best way to deploy the Java callback handler in Geronimo?
An inbound resource adapter?

Into Weblogic server you can plug-in pure Java classes called startup
classes which would do that. Is there something like this in Geronimo?

Thanks for any hints,
Juergen