I am looking for the easiest way to redeploy an EAR after adding a web application. The EAR has other webapps which added or modified some files, so I need the current EAR directory structure to remain as is. The only way I can see now is as follows:

A) copy the entire ear directory to a temp staging area.
B) modify application.xml
C) add the new webapp
D) run the deployer tool to redeploy the ear

I would like to find a solution which does not require copying the current ear structure to another location, That seems wasteful. Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Yoel Spotts