Thanks that's good info - my question is actually more basic. Where is the jar file in Geronimo 1.1 that implements the Maven 1.x plugins ? I was using WASCE 1.0.1.1 and the jar file that I copied to my Maven plugin folder was  {WASCE_HOME}/repository
/geronimo/plugins/geronimo-deployment-plugin-1.0.0.1.jar.

I have checked the installations for  WASCE 1.1 and Geronimo 1.1.1 and I don't see any version of that jar anywhere. Where do I get that jar file ?

In Geronimo 1.1 there should still be Maven 1 plugins, in Geronimo
1.2 there are only Maven 2 plugins.  No plans at the moment to make
Maven 1 plugins for G 1.2.

Best thing to do if you need access to the plugins for G 1.2 from
Maven 1 is to create a small Maven 2 project which contains the pom
configuration for the plugin and have your Maven 1 build invoke the
Maven 2 build.  Same goes for folks who use Ant.  Right now the
plugins for G 1.2 are highly specific to Maven 2, and creating Maven
1/Ant versions would be a major maintenance problem.

--jason