geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Programatically querying security realm
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:28:50 GMT

Hi,

I have a custom security realm defined that uses a database login module.
What I would like to do is, from a custom GBean, query the
realm/login-module somehow to test if a given username/password is valid.
So I will have a username string and a password string, and I would like to
validate it and get back a boolean indicating its validity.  I think I
would use the Kernel to grab an instance of some security-related GBean to
do this and invoke an operation on it, but I'm not sure which one I would
have to use.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *