geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java:comp/ORB
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:10:10 GMT

On Mar 21, 2007, at 10:47 PM, Andres wrote:

> In our situation, we have a startup servlet that is looking for an ORB
> because we need to make a callback to another CORBA component.  It
> sounds
> like we should have access to java:comp/ORB since the code is
> running in a
> servlet, but I tried it (after turning the ORB on) in Geronimo 1.2
> and it
> throws an exception (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ORB).  Our
> workaround is to call ORB.init if java:comp/ORB is not found.  I was
> originally having problems shutting the ORB down using destroy() using
> Geronimo 1.1/Sun ORB, but since I moved to Geronimo 1.2, this
> appears to no
> longer be a problem with the Yoko ORB.

I think if you add a dependency on the yoko module (j2ee-corba-yoko)
in the environment of your servlet plan you will be able to look up
the orb in jndi.  When deciding whether to turn on the orb for you we
look for corba style ejb references or an explicit dependency on the
orb module: if neither is present we try to simplify the server by
not starting the orb.

Hope this helps
david jencks