geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Spotts, Joel \(ISS Atlanta\)" <jspo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: redeploy
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:58:41 GMT
Thanks so much for your response.

I am trying to go that route, but am encoutering a different issue now.

I have an EJB defined in the EAR. The actual EJB remote interface is
located in a jar which is specified in the manifest of the EJB module
inside the EAR. Without the --inPlace option, it all works fine, the
classloader finds the EJB remote interface. However, when I try the
--inPlace, the deployer can't seem to find the EJB remote interface and
the deployer throws an exception trying to deploy the EJB in the EAR. It
seems like there is some confusion in the classloaders when using
--inPlace. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Yoel Spotts

-----Original Message-----
From: Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies [mailto:aman.nanner@mxi.com]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 2:20 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: RE: redeploy

Your existing directory structure should remain intact, as that is where
Geronimo will be loading all your classes from.  During redeployment,
the
deployer tool will delete the serialized config directory in the
repository
for your application, and then re-create it using the information form
your
in-place directory.

The deployer does create all those "ser" and "info" files from your
deployment descriptors during the deployment process.  Therefore, if you
change one of your deployment descriptors, you need to redeploy your
app.
However, if you just swap in new code into your in-place directory,
Geronimo will pick it up without having to redeploy.

Thanks,
Aman

"Spotts, Joel \(ISS Atlanta\)" <jspotts@us.ibm.com> wrote on 03-19-2007
02:03:26 PM: