geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem during shutdown when using JMS in a GBean
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 13:11:51 GMT

On Mar 1, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Glenn Owen wrote:

> Hmm, seems like the rollback of the message on the queues was due to
> another problem. So we may not care so much, that Geronimo is throwing
> the exception on shutdown.

Good. I was afraid there were *2* problems... ;-)

> However, I'm still looking into this problem, because we get a similar
> "Got duplicate deregisterConnection for client:" exception when
> shutting
> down Geronimo if an MDB had sent any messages to another MDB.

This type of error indicates that the ActiveMQ broker module has been
stopped before your GBean is being stopped. We've had similar issues
when ActiveMQ was trapping ctrl-c and starting its own shutdown
processing before Geronimo started shutting down. I'm pretty sure
those were fixed in 1.1.1. I don't recall that 1.5 would be causing
this issue. But I could be wrong... If you could test on 1.4, that
would be interesting...

I'm not sure of the rules for the order of shutdown processing. Or
how, if at all, you can alter that order...

If an MDB is generating this issue, we should do a little re-ordering
inside of Geronimo...

--kevan