geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Andres <mrandr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java:comp/ORB
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 02:47:09 GMT

In our situation, we have a startup servlet that is looking for an ORB
because we need to make a callback to another CORBA component.  It sounds
like we should have access to java:comp/ORB since the code is running in a
servlet, but I tried it (after turning the ORB on) in Geronimo 1.2 and it
throws an exception (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ORB).  Our
workaround is to call ORB.init if java:comp/ORB is not found.  I was
originally having problems shutting the ORB down using destroy() using
Geronimo 1.1/Sun ORB, but since I moved to Geronimo 1.2, this appears to no
longer be a problem with the Yoko ORB.

Andres