geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>
Subject java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1.0/com/sun/codemodel/CodeWriter.class
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 04:32:37 GMT

Hi,

I am very new to Geronimo. I have a web services application that uses
Spring 2.0.3 and Spring web services. It runs in Tomcat 5.5.20 and 6.0.10.

It has all its dependent JAR files in the WEB-INF/lib directory in the WAR
file so I was hoping that I could simply deploy the WAR file to Geronimo.

When I try to do so, there is a pause and then the console (a command prompt
window) gets into a whole series of exception stack traces until the process
runs out of memory or I stop it.

The first is as listed in the subject line of this emai:

         java.lang.Exception: Could not load
1.0/com/sun/codemodel/CodeWriter.class

This class is in one of the JAR files (jaxb-xjc-2.0.1.jar) in my WEBINF/lib
directory but the system does not seem to be able to find it. Every one of
the classes in that JAR file appear in similar stack traces one after the
other. The classes all seem to be in that same JAR file at least as far as I
get.

I am probably way off base with what I'm doing but does anyone have any idea
of what is going wrong?

Best wishes, Ivan.