geronimo-user mailing list archives

From CedricHurst <>
Subject reconciling geronimo common libs and standalone maven2 repository
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:13:36 GMT

I have another question regarding Geronimo and Maven2 interaction.

In the lab we're building, we have quite a few dependencies (Spring,
Hibernate, org.json, Derby Client).  We're using Maven2 to define these
dependencies within the project and inject them in the WAR file, but we're
wondering if there's a better way.  I've often stared at the common libs
portlet in the admin console and wondered if there was a way to get that
talking to our standalone maven repository.  This would would allow us to
pull down the dependency trees through the maven command and have them
available inside the Geronimo installation at-large (instead of manually
adding 20+ libraries by hand from the admin console).  That way, instead of
specifying the dependencies in the pom.xml and deploying a 100MB+ war file,
we could define the dependencies in the deployment plan and push much
smaller files to the server, relying on common libs to supply the needed
jars.  Is this possible?