geronimo-user mailing list archives

From theo burry <tvbu...@yahoo.com>
Subject java out of swap space error
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:20:31 GMT
Hi,

I am getting the following error in the geronimo logs for my webapp:

Exception in thread "CompilerThread1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested 32764 bytes for
ChunkPool::allocate. Out of swap space?

I did some research and added the following java_opts in geronimo.sh:

JAVA_OPTS='-Xms512m -Xmx512m -Xss128k -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m'

This virtually eliminated the problem but I am still seeing it occasionally.  Do I just need
to tweak these memory settings or is there something else going on?  I don't get this error
during periods of particularly high usage so it is a little puzzling.  I'm running geronimo
1.1.1 with jetty, java 1.5.0 on freebsd 4.

Thanks,
Theo

Bored stiff? Loosen up...